This page has moved to a new address.

Dude!

lime doodle: Dude!

24 September 2010

Dude!

Oh no, I need boy cards! Don't get me wrong, I love the boys in my life, but boys cards I find are that bit harder to make. No bows, ribbons and prettiness - nooooo! Anyhow, I thought I'd better get down to it and not put it off any longer. I was very much helped along the way by the new colours from the Play Date Cafe, PPC48. When I saw their picture I was struck by the bold colours, clean lines and industrial feel to the kitchen. Just the right thing for my boy cards. I used the latest Sweet Sunday Sketch, SSSC86, to get me started. Here's the inspiration photo and sketch



and here's my card.



To create interest amongst those clean lines, I scored the white cardstock strip and I embossed the silver panel with the swiss dots folder. I did sneak a button or three in there - that's still boyish isn't it?!

This card also fits with the latest Flourishes Timeless Tuesday challenge, FTTC85, to create a celebration card.

Supplies:

Stamps - PTI signature greetings
Ink - American Crafts cricket
Card - Bazzill
Paper - SEI bridgeport, Bo Bunny back to basics
Spellbinders stars
Cuttlebug swiss embossing folder
Buttons

Debby

17 Comments:

At 24 September 2010 at 13:58 , Blogger Ingrid Danvers said...

Great card, Debby. I love the colors and stars.

 
At 24 September 2010 at 14:15 , Blogger Kay D said...

I'm lovin' those colors, and those STARS!

 
At 24 September 2010 at 14:21 , Blogger Keva said...

VERY cute! This is a great boy card. I was stumped by those colors, but I think you hit the nail on the head with this card! It's really great. Love the starts, love the scored lines,too! Really cute!!

 
At 24 September 2010 at 14:26 , Blogger Anne said...

What a fabulius boy-dude card- love the colors and design!

 
At 24 September 2010 at 16:56 , Blogger Sue Lelli said...

CUTE boy card! LOVE the scoring and the swiss dots!

 
At 24 September 2010 at 17:15 , Blogger Aimes said...

Oh how I love stars for a masculine card!!! This card is super and I love your take on that sketch!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

 
At 24 September 2010 at 19:47 , Blogger Cristina said...

PERFECT boy card!

 
At 25 September 2010 at 02:11 , Blogger Amy Kolling said...

I am going to have to CASE this Debby! Love the layout and those stars......even the buttons!!

 
At 25 September 2010 at 03:41 , Blogger Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful boy card, the texture looks wonderful. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

 
At 25 September 2010 at 17:51 , Blogger Maria said...

Great male card...love the star and buttons!

 
At 25 September 2010 at 20:22 , Blogger Andrea Ewen said...

Super boy card! I have a hard time with them as well as I ADORE girly stuff! Love the different textures you used and that fabulous sentiment. No, YOU rock! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Play Date Cafe!

 
At 26 September 2010 at 08:47 , Blogger Neet said...

What a fab male card. Love it.

 
At 27 September 2010 at 02:22 , Blogger Suzanne C said...

Love the use of the colors! Great design and love the stars. Thanks for joining us at the PDCC.

 
At 27 September 2010 at 16:35 , Blogger Laurie said...

So fun!! I love the star and the silver embossed panel!

 
At 27 September 2010 at 21:10 , Blogger Ruby said...

Love your card, such a great man card! FAB! So glad you could play along with us at the PDCC!

 
At 27 September 2010 at 23:03 , Blogger Savannah O'Gwynn said...

This is perfect--love those polka dots! LOVE LOVE LOVE it:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe:)

 
At 28 September 2010 at 04:41 , Blogger Betty Wright said...

Debbie, this is fantastic! Great colors and patterns! Amazing kitchen inspiration for sure! Great celebration card! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home