This page has moved to a new address.

Give thanks

lime doodle: Give thanks

20 September 2010

Give thanks

My daughter is just about to start a project about the seasons so when I was looking at the latest Waltzingmouse sketch #15 I thought of a scene progressing from spring to winter using the same tree image.



For me, spring is certainly about the birds, especially as we live right next to a rookery - boy can those guys make some noise in nesting season! Then there is the heat of summer, the bounty and colour of autumn and the magic of winter. I am hoping you can see the Stickles glitter on the winter tree and the glossy accents on the autumn apple.




I am just loving the teeny tree set from WMS, there are so many images to chose from and I love the simple style, so be prepared for more tree projects!

Supplies:

Stamps - WMS teeny trees, PTI beautiful blooms II
Ink - American Crafts cricket, leaf, PTI lemon tart, summer sunrise, terracotta tile, Versafine vintage sepia, satin red
Card - PTI kraft, terracotta tile, summer sunrise
diamond Stickles
Ranger glossy accents
PTI simply chartreuse button
SU! word window punch

Debby

17 Comments:

At 20 September 2010 at 11:45 , Blogger Carol D said...

Hi Debby,
Love your card and a great take on the sketch, I must admit I'm struggling a bit with this one.
Well done.
Off to have a nosey around your blog.

Hugs Carol x

 
At 20 September 2010 at 11:52 , Blogger Kay D said...

Such a fabulous idea- I must "borrow" this one! Your card is gorgeous!

 
At 20 September 2010 at 12:11 , Blogger Laurie said...

This is so pretty! I love the layers!

 
At 20 September 2010 at 12:52 , Blogger Kirsty said...

Great card! I love these trees!

 
At 20 September 2010 at 14:10 , Blogger Chris said...

Fabulous card. Love the idea of the 4 seasons. I too may have to pinch this one. :)

 
At 20 September 2010 at 17:05 , Blogger Christina said...

Oh my, so adorable! I love your idea, and it works so well with those whimsical little trees.

 
At 20 September 2010 at 17:31 , Blogger Aimes said...

Oh what a fabulous idea, Debby!!! OK now I really do need that set now!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

 
At 20 September 2010 at 20:36 , Blogger B said...

What a fun idea!! Love the tre for each season and how you incorporated it into the sketch!

 
At 21 September 2010 at 02:57 , Blogger Lorie a.k.a.The Peddler said...

Oh, I like your approach to this week's challenge. Thanks for the inspiration!

 
At 21 September 2010 at 14:37 , Blogger Keva said...

This card is just perfect! I love your idea of the changing seasons and that Waltzingmouse set is awesome! Pretty card.

 
At 22 September 2010 at 02:36 , Blogger Mona Pendleton said...

Oh so cuuute! Love all the teeny trees! Love what you did with the sketch! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

 
At 22 September 2010 at 07:18 , Blogger Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Awesome! I love Teeny Trees and this is just so fun!

 
At 22 September 2010 at 13:09 , Blogger Julia Aston said...

Love your wonderful seasons of trees! Each one is so fun! thanks for playing with WMS again this week Debby!

 
At 22 September 2010 at 19:55 , Blogger Jen Cuthbertson said...

Love this!! I think you just sold Teeny Trees to me, lol! Great idea and a great card!!

 
At 22 September 2010 at 23:34 , Blogger Kelly S. said...

PERFECT use of Teeny Trees...they look FANTASTIC on this card, great stamping!

 
At 25 September 2010 at 00:45 , Blogger Alice said...

this is so cute! i love the four seasons. super card! thanks for joining us at WMSC this week!

 
At 25 September 2010 at 04:47 , Blogger Sarah Martina said...

It doesn't get much sweeter than this! :) So glad you played along with us for the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home