This page has moved to a new address.

Hugs

lime doodle: Hugs

26 September 2010

Hugs

I want to send a card to a friend. She is having awful heart wrenching problems with elderly parents and has been having a really terrible time. I was searching through my sentiment stamps as to what to put on the card. I didn't want to sympathise with her as it sounded too much like someone had died, thinking of you was close but again was not quite right then I came across the perfect stamp - hugs. If I wasn't so far away it's exactly what I would do - throw my arms around her and give her a big hug. There is nothing practical I can do to help her, life is dealing her a tough hand at the moment, but I'm hoping that a hug will brighten her day even if it is sent through the post.



I am really into cutting out my leaf stamps at the moment - it just seems to add that extra layer of dimension. The challenge over at Create is to make cards with leaves, so I stamped one of my favourite images in a lovely rich autumn spicy orange colour, snip, snipped away and then paired it with some October Afternoon papers.



I chose to use the layout of this fabulous card by Mariana Grigsby as part of the latest Case Study Challenge. Everything just fell in to place as I shuffled my leaves and papers around.

Supplies:

Stamps - PTI turning a new leaf, WMS teeny trees
Ink - American Crafts apricot, SU! chocolate chip
Card - PTI dark chocolate, rustic cream
Paper - October Afternoon fly a kite
Ribbon - PTI simply chartreuse
Button - PTI aqua mist

Debby

17 Comments:

At 26 September 2010 at 10:33 , Blogger Aimes said...

Oh Debby I'm so sorry your friend is having such a tough time at the moment - I'm sure this card will let her know you care! I always run to my 'sending hugs' sentiment from Friends 'til the End in these cases - it's definitely all about the hugs!
Oh and if I pay you, will you cut some leaves for me LOL! I just don't have the same patience!
Thanks so much for joining us on CASE study too ;D
Hugs,
Aimes
x

 
At 26 September 2010 at 11:41 , Blogger Hanneke van der Linde said...

You've made a fantastic card for you friend! X

 
At 26 September 2010 at 11:47 , Blogger Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

This card is simply GORGEOUS, Debby! I absolutely love every piece of it - your choice of papers and colours, the way you cut out your leaves, that big perfect bow... it's a masterpiece!
I'm so sorry to hear that your friend is having a hard time, but I'm more than sure, that a card like this, received from a friend, is going to help her greatly. The power of hand-made is greater than one might think, I found out just recently myself :)
Thanks so much for playing with us again, it's such a pleasure to visit your blog!

 
At 26 September 2010 at 12:35 , Blogger Sue said...

Certainly a magical card to put a smile on your friends face- the sentiment is just perfect!! Thank you for sharing your creativity with us again at CASE study Debby!! :)

 
At 26 September 2010 at 13:51 , Blogger Christina said...

What a wonderful card for your friend! I'm sorry to hear that she's having such a rough time right now, but I'm sure this beauty will be greatly appreciated. I love that you chose bright colors, and the sentiment is perfect!

 
At 26 September 2010 at 16:21 , Blogger Marisa said...

Love how you cut out the big leaf! Great colour combo and use of DPs. Great card which is sure to bring comfort :)

 
At 26 September 2010 at 21:10 , Blogger Laurie HIMCR said...

Very pretty card! TFS!

 
At 26 September 2010 at 22:58 , Blogger Kara said...

pretty..loove these papers!!

 
At 27 September 2010 at 03:04 , Blogger Amy Kolling said...

Oh wow.....Seriously Debby, those leaves are so perfect! I may just have to try cutting my own out (when I get some patience--hehe). I'm sure this beautiful card will give your friend some comfort.

 
At 27 September 2010 at 16:33 , Blogger Laurie said...

Beautiful!!! I love your color combo and patterns! This is fantastic!!

 
At 28 September 2010 at 03:34 , Blogger Andrea Ewen said...

I can't think of anything better than a "virtual" hug from where you're at. Super job with this card, I'm sure that it will bring her comfort to know that you're thinking of her. Wonderful creation from the inspiration piece, love all those great colors you added. Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

 
At 29 September 2010 at 03:18 , Blogger Gayatri said...

Gorgeous card! Love the neat, clean and simple style :)

 
At 29 September 2010 at 13:47 , Blogger Nance Leedy said...

Stunning card--the perfect card to brighten your friend's day. The colors are warm and happy and I love how each color stands on it's own. Beautiful! Congrats on your Top 3 pick! :-)

 
At 29 September 2010 at 13:59 , Blogger RenĂ©e M-B. said...

What a sweet card! x

 
At 29 September 2010 at 14:46 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I love the way you cut out the leaves. So detailed. Fabulous work!

 
At 2 October 2010 at 03:09 , Blogger Diane Bohn said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2 October 2010 at 03:10 , Blogger Diane Bohn said...

absolutely love this card! Actually, I love all of your cards! There are a lot of cardmakers out there, but I am really impressed with your consistent perfection with yours! :) I am a new follower! :)

Have a great weekend!

from blank pages...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home