This page has moved to a new address.

Fishy thank you

lime doodle: Fishy thank you

19 April 2011

Fishy thank you



I've been wanting to play along with The Play Date Cafe's challenges recently, but sometimes things just get in the way! However, this week I was determined to make time. The children are back in school (if only briefly) so I decided to make a thank you card for a lovely gentleman who took my daughter for her first fishing lesson. We'd not met the teacher before, but he turned out to be a lovely gentleman with a passion for the sport. He taught her for a couple of hours and then at the end presented her with her own rod and an invitation to come back as his guest in a week or so time! What a star, she didn't stop smiling for the rest of the day. Added to which we had a lovely fish supper and stocked the freezer for another day too! Anyway, I guess you want to see some pictures!



I stuck to the colours to the very last element of the card and then for the life of me I couldn't find any fish stamps or embellishments that fit the bill. Everything I had seemed too cutesy for a guy. Then I remember these little fun foamy fish which I felt were perfect. My apologies for the deviation from the colours though!



Debby

Supplies:

Stamps - PTI mat stack 4, SU clearly for you, Lavinia stamps reeds
Inks - PTI new leaf, Versafine vintage sepia, SU early espresso
Card - SU soft suede
Dies - PTI cloud die, Spellbinders squares
Fish - American Crafts

11 Comments:

At 19 April 2011 at 10:36 , Blogger Jen W. said...

This is brilliant! I love everything about it. Those fibres and the fishies are the perfect touch. :)

 
At 19 April 2011 at 11:47 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fab card! Just love all those layers.

 
At 19 April 2011 at 13:24 , Blogger Kara said...

this is so cute...i love it!

 
At 19 April 2011 at 14:58 , Blogger Aimes said...

Ahhhhhhh, literally 'Fishy'! I wondered what I was gonna find with a title of a 'Fishy' thank you LOL!
Super card, Debby! I think you can be forgiven for the li'l fishies - they're the perfect finishing touch!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

 
At 19 April 2011 at 16:02 , Blogger Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

I love all the different textures you've incorporated into this card, Debby! :)

 
At 19 April 2011 at 16:23 , Blogger Keva said...

This is so cool! I really like that textured material in back.

 
At 19 April 2011 at 22:56 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesome idea, love all that texture :)

 
At 20 April 2011 at 00:13 , Blogger Tracey said...

Fabulous card full of texture....LOVE that!!! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe :)

 
At 20 April 2011 at 03:31 , Blogger Andrea Ewen said...

Love your design and the super dimension, Debby! Those little fish are way cute and the jute produces such a lovely effect! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

 
At 20 April 2011 at 03:32 , Blogger Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE the white on white with that raised cloud and gorgeous texture you've weaved into a CAS design, Debby! Yummy! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

 
At 20 April 2011 at 15:36 , Blogger Jaclyn Miller said...

I just LOVE how you've used that netting for your fish - so creative. I really enjoy your blog and all of your work too. Thanks for playing along at The Play Date cafe.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home