This page has moved to a new address.

hello, friend

lime doodle: hello, friend

29 April 2011

hello, friend



Hello, friend. Isn't that just the sweetest sentiment! This card seems particularly appropriate as we have been trying to plant lots of pots up this year to add colour to our garden. I used the colours from this weeks Play Date Cafe Challenge. No surprise that I love lime, so it was pretty much a given that I would make a card for these colours:


I inked up the flower pot in smokey shadow and then kissed a polka dot stamp to the body of the pot. I think it gives the pot a weather look - just like my pots!

I also kept in mind the CAS116 challenge on Splitcoast to use the "artists rule of 3". Now when you first look at my card you will be thinking there isn't 3 of anything there - just one flower! However, I used 3 colours (red, lime and grey) and used 3 elements of the strongest colour (red) in the scalloped border, flower and button.



So did you watch the Royal Wedding - don't they make a cute couple!

Debby

Supplies:

Stamps - PTI green thumb (flower pot), flower fusion 1 (leaves), beautiful blooms (flower), polka dot basic II, tiny tags (sentiment)
Inks - PTI smokey shadow, American Crafts rouge, cricket
SU old olive striped grosgrain ribbon
SU designer button
SU tag punch
Twine

16 Comments:

At 29 April 2011 at 19:27 , Blogger Keva said...

That is adorable, Debby!I really really like that striped grosgrain - I might have to get some of that! I actually did watch some of the wedding. I DVR'd the BBC America coverage, so i'll watch that when I get home, but I saw parts of it while I was getting ready for work. They're just so lovely together.

 
At 29 April 2011 at 20:50 , Blogger Deirdre said...

Great card - love it. Thoroughly enjoyed the day - lots of style. Hope that they have a lifetime of happiness together.

 
At 29 April 2011 at 20:51 , Blogger Wendy ten Hove said...

This is so pretty, Debby! I love the white on white layers, gorgeous! And the flower is a beauty!
Hugs, Wendy

 
At 29 April 2011 at 21:19 , Blogger Kara said...

love the texture you adfded to the pot!

 
At 30 April 2011 at 01:53 , Blogger Jen W. said...

Love your kissed flower pot and the way the centre panel is popped with the red scallop behind it.
Was up at 5:30am to watch the wedding and it was lovely! They are just adorable and I hope they have a wonderful life together (and that you have a wonderful weekend!).

 
At 30 April 2011 at 03:54 , Blogger Judy1223 said...

I love the clean and simple design of your card, Debby! LOVE it!

 
At 30 April 2011 at 14:48 , Blogger Tracey said...

PERFECT CAS card Debby!!! LOVE LOVE it so!! THanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe :)

 
At 1 May 2011 at 02:20 , Blogger Andrea Ewen said...

Simply gorgeous CAS design, Debby! The colors are perfect and your image is delightfully sweet! So glad to have you playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

 
At 1 May 2011 at 18:28 , Blogger Michele Gross said...

I Love this CAS card!! You have nailed the colors perfectly! I'm just drooling over all the fun elements you've used :) Glad you played with us at The Play Date Cafe!

 
At 2 May 2011 at 13:51 , Blogger Colleen Dietrich said...

Yes, I guess you do love lime if your blog name is lime doodle! LOL Glad you liked our color scheme this week. I love what you did with those colors, too, Debby! Very clean and classy. THanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe.

 
At 3 May 2011 at 23:34 , Blogger Ruby said...

Ooh absolutely gorgeous! So fresh and crisp, LOVE it! Thanks for playing along with us at Play Date Cafe!

 
At 4 May 2011 at 04:09 , Blogger Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE this to pieces, Debby, every last, stunning, little detail! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

 
At 4 May 2011 at 14:01 , Blogger Jaclyn Miller said...

I am ALWAYS in love with your creations, this one is no exception. Your use of the colors is brilliant and I love that polka dotty goodness. Thanks so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.

 
At 5 May 2011 at 08:13 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another amazing card!
Congrats on your win at PDCC!

 
At 5 May 2011 at 16:15 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful CAS card, Debby! Congrats on having it chosen as a PDCC fab four!

 
At 8 May 2011 at 02:32 , Blogger Rebecca said...

Oh how I love this! I love the bold colors with all the white space. And I've been contemplating getting this ribbon but now I'm sure I need it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home