This page has moved to a new address.

CASE study challenge #49

lime doodle: CASE study challenge #49

21 July 2011

CASE study challenge #49

Continuing on with our wonderful muse for July, Dawn Woleslagle, we have this fabulous card to inspire us.


From the original I used the double layered die cuts, central panel on a square card and the repeat patterning. And here is my card.


I've been wanting to try out a technique I've seen in various places but is new to me. Here's one example by Jennifer McGuire. I used two colours of distress inks and a squirt of glimmer mist to create a two tone, watercolour effect for the background panel. I really like the final result even if it did take me several attempts to get the right amount of inks and mist to give a good effect. You should see the colour of my fingers! Getting messy inky is not normally something I do but it was good fun!


Please pop by the other design team girls and see how they were inspired.

Chupa (owner)
Amy
Andrea
Cristina
Jean
Julie
Sue
Teneale

and our muse, Dawn.

Debby

Supplies:

Stamps - Hero Arts designer woodgrain, dots and flowers, Waltzingmouse Stamps frame it, Stampin' Up pocket silhouettes
Inks - Colorbox moss green, Distress Inks peeled paint, broken china, Versamark, Versafine onyx black
Card - Stampin' Up taken with teal
Ribbon - Papertrey Ink simply chartreuse
Dies - Papertrey Ink mat stack 4, Spellbinders labels 14
Tattered Angels glimmer mist patina


Labels:

15 Comments:

At 21 July 2011 at 06:31 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards. LOVE the designs and colors. :-)

 
At 21 July 2011 at 06:46 , Blogger Marisa said...

Fabulous! Great colours too!

 
At 21 July 2011 at 07:46 , Blogger Michelle said...

Debby! This whole card is beautiful, but I am overawed by the colouring on the back panel, it's wonderful! I love it!
Michelle.

 
At 21 July 2011 at 08:27 , Blogger Deborah Frings said...

Debby - just fabulous! I've been having a thing with green at the moment and this called to me as soon as I saw it! I love the background you've made (must try that).

 
At 21 July 2011 at 10:55 , Blogger Aimes said...

Oooh you make me wanna try that fun technique and get mess, Debby! :D
Well worth the patience and mess to get results like this!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

 
At 21 July 2011 at 13:13 , Blogger Lindsay said...

This is fantastic Debbie! Everything about it makes me happy! I want to try this technique now!

 
At 21 July 2011 at 14:01 , Blogger Keva said...

Wow. I really love the technique on the background. I'll have to take a look and see how you did that. It looks great! Really pretty card...

 
At 21 July 2011 at 14:40 , Blogger Unknown said...

another awesome card. I think I've pinned 1/2 of your blog :)

 
At 21 July 2011 at 19:38 , Blogger Jen Carter said...

Love this card!! The colors are so beautiful!

 
At 23 July 2011 at 03:48 , Blogger Tui Nathan said...

Wow ... love the two tone effect on the background ... sooo effective!!!

 
At 23 July 2011 at 16:19 , Blogger Andrea Ewen said...

Fabulous dimension and beautiful colors! So cool and serene... the elements are just divine! You have such a wonderful gift for detail/color combos!

 
At 25 July 2011 at 08:03 , Blogger Sue said...

The colours are superb and the background is devine, what a wonderful effect together! :)

 
At 25 July 2011 at 16:02 , Blogger Dawn said...

Well all of the practice attempts certainly payed off as this is perfection! The color palette is stunning and the the simplicity is striking.

 
At 26 July 2011 at 13:41 , Blogger Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

I'm sorry for being late commenting on this one... I've been chasing my own tail!
Your card is amazing, girl... out of this world! I can never achieve such balance with so little. *sigh*
That's why I love having you on the Team, and I hope that some of your talent will brush off on me :)

 
At 28 July 2011 at 02:16 , Blogger Julie said...

Gorgeous, and what a striking color combo!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home