This page has moved to a new address.

case study challenge 105

lime doodle: case study challenge 105

23 August 2012

case study challenge 105

I have to say that I was totally wowed by the players who CASEd the Design Team last week at CASE study and very humbled when I spotted CASEs of my cards amongst the throng. It was fab to see the roles reversed and have an insight into the experiences of our muses :)

And ....... now it's your turn! This week we are asking you to CASE another player! So keep a close eye on the Inlinkz as you never know, someone might pick one of your cards to CASE!  I chose to CASE one of our regular players Lynn. Lynn has a wonderful blog (The Mango Boys & Me) full of fabulous creations and it was difficult to pick just one to CASE :) However, I was so drawn to the serenity of this card of Lynn's.

Card by Lynn of The Mango Boys & Me

There is so much to love in this CAS card - matted stamped layer with pale blue stamped background, bird on a branch and a perfect sentiment. For my CASE I chose the cool blue of Versacolor's baby blue ink to stamp a woodgrain circle before adding some of my all time favourite Memory Box dies for the branch and bird. The bird was lightly stamped with the newspaper background from Hero Arts. A sentiment similar to Lynn's finished it off.




The weather is so unpredictable today; one minute sunny and the next a downpour! I found it difficult to photograph my card and the photo above is quiet harsh which I'm not very happy with so here's a close up which gives a better look :)


I am also popping this card by the Hero Arts flickr group for their monthly theme for August of Clean and Simple design and to Moxie Fab for their exploration of the focal point in design principles.

Now it's your turn! Here's the DT links for more CASE fun:




  • Amy Wanford
  • Andrea Ewen
  • Christina MacLaren
  • Clare Buswell
  • Debby Hughes - me!
  • Iwona Palamountain (Chupa):Owner
  • Jean Martin
  • Maureen Plut
  • Teneale Williams
  • Teresa Kline


  • Supplies: Stamps - Hero Arts/Studio Calico my happy, newspaper background, good friends; Inks - Hero Arts shadow ink wet cement, Versacolor baby blue; Card - Stampin' Up early espresso, sahara sand; Dies - Memory Box nested bird, woodland branch

    Labels:

    11 Comments:

    At 23 August 2012 at 05:22 , Blogger Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

    Wow, love what you've done with Lynn's card :)

     
    At 23 August 2012 at 05:33 , Blogger Wida said...

    Hi Debby, I am sad to say I cased your card for the last challenge and then the deadline got away from me. I hope you know that I adore your work and had much fun using you as an inspiration. So even though I didn't get to submit it, I wanted you to know! This card, like every single other, is fantastic.

     
    At 23 August 2012 at 05:47 , Blogger Lynn said...

    Debby, thank you so much! I'm so honored that you CASEd one of my cards...you know I simply love your style...and today's card is no exception!

    Lynn xx

     
    At 23 August 2012 at 09:50 , Blogger Mandy said...

    stunning card Debby!

    xx

     
    At 23 August 2012 at 09:57 , Blogger Katie said...

    That is very serene. Could be adapted for many occasions.

     
    At 23 August 2012 at 13:40 , Blogger shirley-bee said...

    Great case of Lynn's card, Debby. I love the dark brown with the blue, and the wood grain spotlight/moon off the edge of the card.

     
    At 23 August 2012 at 14:22 , Blogger Sara Mac said...

    Fantastic CASE of Lynn's card. I remember when she posted that awesome card, I saved it for inspiration. Now, I'll do the same with yours.

     
    At 23 August 2012 at 15:41 , Blogger Nerina said...

    simply. lovely.

     
    At 23 August 2012 at 17:01 , Blogger Sonia Y said...

    I just came across your blog and I have to say - I Love your work! This card is beautiful!

     
    At 23 August 2012 at 21:37 , Blogger Amy Johnson said...

    I absolutely love it! Love the newspaper print bird.

     
    At 18 September 2012 at 22:02 , Blogger Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

    Hey Debby! Thanks for linking this up to the Focal Point Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home