This page has moved to a new address.

same supply challenge

lime doodle: same supply challenge

29 September 2012

same supply challenge


One of the suggestions from the Online Card Class Kick Start was to try challenging yourself and another crafter to work with the same product. The lovely Cassie contacted me and asked if I'd like to give it a go and I jumped at the chance! We decided on two Stampin' Up sets - Woodgrain and Reason to Smile. These were two sets that I hadn't inked up yet and thought it would be a great opportunity to rectify that :)

I was inspired by the Woodgrain stamp set and a new paper pad to go with some autumnal colours. I wanted to include one of the flowers from the Reason To Smile set and yet wasn't sure that flowers were very autumnal. I looked to my garden for inspiration and there trying it's best to ride out the drop in temperatures was a little patch of Rudbeckia their yellow heads still standing proud. So here you go - my floral autumn card :)




I stamped the Woodgrain onto Soft Stone card with Versamark to give a subtle background (hope you can see it) and added a strip of the most gorgeous striped paper from Lily Bee Design's Autumn Spice pad. I stamped the flower onto Neenah Solar White card; selectively stamping the head with pigment ink and the stem with Distress Markers. I then over-stamped the flower head with the detailed image in a darker hue.

I can't wait to see what Cassie did with the two stamp sets and whether our cards are at all alike. Time to pop over and take a look :)

Supplies: Stamps - Stampin' Up woodgrain, reason to smile, create a cupcake; Inks - Versamark, Hobbycraft pigment ink peach, Martha Stewart meyer lemon, Versacolor pinecone; Distress Markers - shabby shutters; Card - Papertrey Ink soft stone, Neenah solar white; Paper - Lily Bee Design autumn spice; Ribbon - Stampin' Up more mustard; Button - Stampin' Up designer buttons playground; Twine - Anchor mercer crochet

10 Comments:

At 29 September 2012 at 07:45 , Blogger Darnell said...

It's a pinned CAS button, Debby! I love that button bow treatment!!

 
At 29 September 2012 at 09:49 , Blogger craftyb said...

So sweet! Love the subtle background - LOVE that stamp!

 
At 29 September 2012 at 13:33 , Blogger Kara said...

Really pretty! Love the layout !

 
At 29 September 2012 at 14:10 , Blogger lundberg said...

Very pretty card!! I love fall colors!!

 
At 29 September 2012 at 15:42 , Blogger cassie said...

Funny that we picked the sane exact stamp from that set!
I love your card. You do Clean and Simple so well!

 
At 29 September 2012 at 22:00 , Blogger Debbie of Newport!!! said...

Fall colors...Elegantly done...Sweet & Simple!!!

 
At 30 September 2012 at 00:34 , Blogger Julie said...

This is beautiful! I love the subtle wood background - it adds a great layer to the card.

 
At 30 September 2012 at 19:26 , Blogger Amy Johnson said...

I really love this CAS card! Thanks for the inspiration.

 
At 30 September 2012 at 20:04 , Blogger Joyce said...

This is must terrific. Love your CAS design.

 
At 1 October 2012 at 23:33 , Blogger Aimes said...

Lovin' your floral autumn card, Debby! It still says autumn with those tones and the texture of the woodgrain ;D
Hugs!
x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home