This page has moved to a new address.

awesome

lime doodle: awesome

21 October 2012

awesome

What do you do when you've just arrived home from a few days away with the family and you need two teenage boy cards for the next day? Well I turn to a challenge to get the mojo going and there's a new challenge I wanted to try; CAS(E) This Sketch :) Here's my card:




And here's the sketch:


I do find boy cards difficult, and teenage boy cards even more so! I don't have any of the lovely neon inks yet but I dug around in my collection and found two bright Versacolor ones; lime and orange and by adding in the blue card base I'm hoping these colours will fit in with most boys LOL. Then I made a  matching money envelope - presents for teenage boys are even harder than cards and this way they can chose something they like :)


The youngest goes back to school tomorrow and the other two on Tuesday, so that's another holiday gone in the blink of an eye. I can't believe I'm thinking that the next time we get a decent break will be Christmas!

Supplies: Stamps - Wplus9 so 80s; Inks - Versafine onyx black, Versacolor lime, orange; Card - Stampin' Up island indigo; Dies - Papertrey Ink seed packet, tag sale 5; Brad - Stampin' Up; Adhesive rhinestone stars

19 Comments:

At 21 October 2012 at 12:08 , Blogger Jackie Rockwell said...

Boys cards can be difficult for me too but this one ROCKS! The color combination is really FUN!!! The money envelope is very COOL. So glad you played along in this week's CAS(E) this Sketch!

 
At 21 October 2012 at 12:13 , Blogger Sientje said...

Yes I agree boys cards are difficult. But you did a great job this one is great! Love the way you used the rhinestone stars. I have them to but didn't know what to do wit it. Now I know, thank you!

 
At 21 October 2012 at 12:29 , Blogger Unknown said...

You rocked it, Debby. I love that blue colour card base. So rich! Love the money envelope too. Thanks so much for playing along with us @ CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge:)

 
At 21 October 2012 at 13:09 , Blogger Happy Dance said...

My 13-tear old grandson would love that touch of orange you've used. These are fab creations. That blue is the bomb! Bev. : )

 
At 21 October 2012 at 14:49 , Blogger Annette Allen said...

wow this is totally AWESOME...love it

 
At 21 October 2012 at 15:05 , Blogger Wida said...

putting this stamp set on my list. No one makes me buy stuff like you do! love this card and the color combo! Still Ultra-Crisp CAS perfection!!!

 
At 21 October 2012 at 16:58 , Blogger Tracey McNeely said...

Debby this card is awesome. I agree boys and especially teenage boys are so hard to make cards for. Your card and money envelope are perfect!

 
At 21 October 2012 at 21:02 , Blogger Aimes said...

Well you tackled the teenage boy card with style, Debby! I'm probably considered too old to say it but I'm gonna anyway: this card and money envelope is totally radical!
Hugs!
x
P.S Hope you had a fab holiday! Cue the laundry to sort now eh?

 
At 21 October 2012 at 21:16 , Blogger Mandy said...

this really is an AWESOME teenage boy card Debby !!
xx

 
At 21 October 2012 at 21:42 , Blogger Beate said...

That is awesome indeed. Love your take on the sketch and the lime colored background. One of my favorite colors.
Thanks for commenting on my blog today. Totally made my day (that, and skyping with my Mom. But your comment was definitely up there with that skype call). Hugs and grins

 
At 21 October 2012 at 23:53 , Blogger jintyoo7 said...

Welll - Awesome is as awesome does - great design, Debby :

 
At 22 October 2012 at 08:42 , Blogger Stephanie said...

Nailed the brief Debby & with style! My children are off for 2 weeks now so it's going to be chaos around here lol x

 
At 22 October 2012 at 13:44 , Blogger Kim S said...

It is perfect for boys! Fun and festive yet clean and simple! So glad to see you at CAS(E) this Sketch!

 
At 23 October 2012 at 05:05 , Blogger Lea L. said...

This is so cute! I love how you used those fun WPlus9 stamps...this is perfect for a boy or any teenager! Great job!!

 
At 23 October 2012 at 12:55 , Blogger Chrissy Larson said...

As always, your cards are stunning! This is such a cool card and I may just have to get that stamp set now. I'm so glad you joined us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

 
At 24 October 2012 at 01:56 , Blogger Candice said...

Yep this card rocks :-)

 
At 24 October 2012 at 07:45 , Blogger My Paper Epiphany said...

Brilliant! I think I need this set!

 
At 25 October 2012 at 04:32 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your sentiment says exactly what your card is...AWESOME! Love how you stamped this and the colors rock :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS(E) this Sketch!

 
At 29 October 2012 at 15:55 , Blogger Jennifer Rzasa said...

Wow, this really is awesome!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home