This page has moved to a new address.

cas-ual fridays challenge 76

lime doodle: cas-ual fridays challenge 76

26 October 2012

cas-ual fridays challenge 76

Wohoo Friday at last LOL! Which means it's time for a CAS-ual Fridays post :) Have you checked out the new CAS-ual Fridays Stamps blog to see if your name is up as one of the winners of the new stamps :) If you weren't lucky this time and you want to get hold of some CFS goodness then pop by the store as I believe it is now open for business!


Moving on to our challenge this week and we want you to kraft on! Yep use some kraft on your creation :) Our sponsor this week is non other than the fabulous new CAS-ual Fridays Stamps with a Gift Certificate to the new store!

Now I don't use kraft that often. I tend to use the lighter card bases; white, soft stone, cream etc so this challenge took me slightly away from my norm which is good as that's what a challenge should do LOL. So here's my card:




I used the flower image from Truth Is and the sentiment comes from Calm and Gentle :) I stamped the flowers in a pale grey and then set to with my new pencils. So far I've only got 3 blues, 3 greens, black and white but I do love the different effect you can get - depth of colour and yet with a softness too. After colouring the flower I stamped the sentiment over the top with Versafine onyx black. I held my breath doing it as I wasn't sure how the ink would cover over the pencil lines but I needn't have worried as all was good :)

Well this week is bitter sweet. We have CAS-ual Fridays Stamps open for business and the fun and celebrations that have surrounded the launch have been amazing. However, some of the Design Team have other exciting opportunities in their future which means that we have to say a sad farewell to Karolyn, Julie, Jenny and Stephanie :( I will miss you girls but hope that you have great fun in your new adventures :)

Supplies: Stamps - CAS-ual Fridays Stamps truth is, calm and gentle; Inks - Versafine onyx black; Card - Neenah solar white, Papertrey Ink kraft; Faber Castell pencils; Stampin' Up rhinestones

Labels:

23 Comments:

At 26 October 2012 at 06:24 , Blogger Caroline said...

This is gorgeous Debby love the flower. Caroline xxx

 
At 26 October 2012 at 06:33 , Blogger Pamela said...

Oh this is GORGEOUS! I love the coloring of the flower petals!

 
At 26 October 2012 at 09:05 , Blogger ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful card.
Gr Elly from Roemenie

 
At 26 October 2012 at 10:11 , Blogger Stephanie said...

Today's the day of the grand opening isn't it? Can't wait to see these innovative sets in their full glory!! Beautiful card Debby, even away from your 'norm' - you still excel :) xxx p.s. happy spending today - woo!

 
At 26 October 2012 at 10:36 , Blogger Lynn said...

100% in loved with this card...gorgeous!

 
At 26 October 2012 at 11:39 , Blogger ~amy~ said...

wow...way to rock the kraft...your pencils make this look like it has been painted...really love the look.

 
At 26 October 2012 at 13:39 , Blogger Michelle Short said...

Stunning card Debby, how you have done the flowers is beautiufl and I love it on Kraft x

 
At 26 October 2012 at 14:09 , Blogger Tracey McNeely said...

The colouring is amazing Debby and I love kraft and white together.

 
At 26 October 2012 at 15:08 , Blogger LauraJane:) said...

BEAUTIFUL blues!

 
At 26 October 2012 at 15:20 , Blogger Miriam Prantner said...

LOVE how the coloring with the pencils looks! I definitely need to try this!

 
At 26 October 2012 at 17:31 , Blogger Sue McRae said...

Love the colouring, so pretty!

 
At 26 October 2012 at 20:15 , Blogger Mary Mac said...

Fab colouring, beautiful card.

Mary Mac

 
At 26 October 2012 at 21:16 , Blogger Carole said...

It's lovely. I adore working with Kraft I just posted 3 cards with just Kraft and a pop of blue.
http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/

 
At 26 October 2012 at 22:45 , Blogger Nancy Guse said...

Beautiful, I thought this was hand painted!

 
At 27 October 2012 at 01:45 , Blogger Susan said...

Your coloring looks fabulous! Love the card!

 
At 27 October 2012 at 01:52 , Blogger jintyoo7 said...

Beautiful, love the shading :)

 
At 27 October 2012 at 20:05 , Blogger Lea L. said...

This is beautiful! I love the coloring on those flowers!!

 
At 28 October 2012 at 02:06 , Blogger Amy Johnson said...

What a beautiful CAS card. Love the coloring and the crystals.

 
At 28 October 2012 at 11:51 , Blogger Marlou McAlees said...

a stunning card :)

 
At 28 October 2012 at 15:33 , Blogger Beate said...

LOVE the shading of those flowers! Gorgeous card.
Hugs and smiles

 
At 29 October 2012 at 07:27 , Blogger My Paper Epiphany said...

So beautiful! I have seen lots of cards using this flower this week - all great, but yours is my fave by far!

 
At 29 October 2012 at 20:15 , Blogger Mary-Anne V said...

Gorgeous card...love the look of colour pencil! BTW what kind of pale grey ink did you use? jeandonny2000 at hotmail dot com

 
At 30 October 2012 at 10:37 , Blogger Debby said...

Hi Mary-Anne, I used Versacolor sky grey to stamp the flowers and then coloured with my pencils. Hope that helps :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home