This page has moved to a new address.

case study challenge 132

lime doodle: case study challenge 132

14 March 2013

case study challenge 132

Judging from the entries last week you are all really enjoying having Julie Ebersole as our CASE Study muse this month! Seeing as we are on a roll, here's this week's card :)


I was happy clapping when I saw this card - I do love a bit of negative die cutting :) Here's my card and then I will tell you a bit more about it.



The new Simple Numbers dies from Simon Says Stamp come attached together with those little nubs so that the numbers appear as a block. It's easy to break the nubs and use the numbers individually but I wanted to take advantage of the lovely even placing of the numbers while they were still attached to each other. I die cut them from a white panel and backed with some patterned paper. Oh and I must say I love the clean lines of these numbers and they are the perfect size for cards :)

The splatters from Julie's card transformed into enamel dots on my card and I added a little butterfly on there too as a nod to the original inspiration :) Here's the links for the rest of the crew to see what they made:

Guest Designer: Brandi from Yankee Belle Stamper
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Christina MacLaren
Clare Buswell
Debby Hughes - me!
Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) - The Boss
Jean Martin
Jeanne Jachna
Maureen Plut
Teneale Williams


Edited to add: Forgot to mention that I'm sending this one over to Moxie Fab World's Emphasise the Negative challenge :)

Supplies: Stamps - Simon Says Stamp handwritten sentiments, Clearly Besotted Stamps butterfly wishes additions; Inks - Versafine smokey gray, Versacolor laurel leaf; Paper - My Mind's Eye collectable memorable 6x6; Dies - Simon Says Stamp simple numbers, Clearly Besotted Stamps buttefly wishes; Enamel Dots - My Mind's Eye the sweetest thing bluebell smile #st1084, honey love #st1055



Labels: , ,

19 Comments:

At 14 March 2013 at 04:53 , Blogger Unknown said...

So fabulous! Love how you kept the number dies intact.

 
At 14 March 2013 at 06:46 , Blogger Taheerah said...

Um, floored. Seriously? This is amazing.

 
At 14 March 2013 at 08:06 , Blogger Mary J said...

So gorgeous Debby!

 
At 14 March 2013 at 11:24 , Blogger ~amy~ said...

a-mazing.

 
At 14 March 2013 at 13:00 , Blogger Brandi said...

Wow! Very cute!

 
At 14 March 2013 at 17:20 , Blogger Sue McRae said...

Fabulous design!

 
At 14 March 2013 at 17:55 , Blogger Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Debby :-) I love the whole design and a great take on Julie's card :-)

luv
Lols x x x

 
At 14 March 2013 at 20:10 , Blogger Gibmiss said...

Hi Debby
Fabulous card.... Love the numbers Die.....
Hugs Sylvie xx

 
At 14 March 2013 at 20:34 , Blogger Cindy C. said...

What a smart design! Great take from Julie's card!

 
At 15 March 2013 at 01:00 , Blogger jintyoo7 said...

two fabulously brilliant cards :) Now I am doing the Happy Clap!!

 
At 15 March 2013 at 01:14 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How nice, love it!

 
At 15 March 2013 at 08:12 , Blogger maria f. said...

You'll probably find yourself having to break up the die, so run some "blanks" through first to keep on hand. It is truly impossible to line those little buggers up so perfectly ever again. I love the washi? on your card and came to see what it is. What is it??? And do you stamp off when you use your Smokey Gray - mine is nearly as dark as black?

 
At 15 March 2013 at 09:35 , Blogger Stephanie said...

Another amazing card! xxx

 
At 15 March 2013 at 11:32 , Blogger Tasnim said...

What a brilliant design Debby! The patterned paper behind the numbers is gorgeous!

 
At 15 March 2013 at 14:33 , Blogger Debby said...

I don't have a straight line in me Maria, so great tip for running some blanks of the die before I break it up. Oh and It isn't washi on there but some striped patterned paper cut on the diagonal. The paper is from the 6x6 My Mind's Eye pad. I don't stamp off my Smokey Gray but the little cube I used to use before I got the full size pad was much darker. This full size pad is a nice mid coloured grey. Hope that helps :)

 
At 16 March 2013 at 20:05 , Blogger Aimes said...

And now I'm mad with myself for happily separating my alpha and number dies! LOL! A fabulous card as always! :)
Hugs!
x

 
At 19 March 2013 at 10:02 , Blogger maria f. said...

Danke! Very strange about one color being so varied. And so funny that the strip is PP. A nod to Jennifer's tip on Day 1, eh? Love it.

 
At 31 March 2013 at 15:38 , Blogger Deborah Anton said...

Fun card! Love the intact numbers and the CAS look.. my fav. Beautiful job!

 
At 1 April 2013 at 19:29 , Blogger Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Debby! Thanks for linking this up to the Emphasize the Negative Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home