This page has moved to a new address.

last minute

lime doodle: last minute

9 March 2013

last minute

I just might've left making some bits for my son's birthday until the last minute (bad Mummy)! Notably the birthday card and a little note I wanted to give him about one of his presents. My youngest is one of the most warm hearted, animal lovers going; total softie! For his birthday the thing he wants more than anything is a pet of his own and topping that list is a hamster. So I sat down this afternoon while everyone else had gone out to watch the rugby and dug out my 'Party Posse' set from Paper Smooches. I'd coloured a couple of hamsters, cut them out and was pushing them around, not entirely sure what to do with them when the postie arrived along with some new Simon Says Stamp exclusives! My mind started racing as soon as I saw the new stamps and dies!

OK where to start LOL. I pulled open the 'Furry Cat & Box' set first; designed by Kristina Werner it has her cat Mannie climbing out of a box. I selectively masked and paper pieced the box and a hamster until I had the hamster in the box instead! 


The hello sentiment came from the 'Square Sayings' set and was stamped onto a 'Talk Bubbles 2' die cut. I paired my tiny card with the new 'Small Envelope' die which creates the cutest envelopes for 3" cards :) I added a couple of sentiments from the matching ' Envelope Sentiments' set. I intend to write in this card that my son can choose his own pet :)

Then I wanted a matching mini birthday card with another sweet as can be envelope. Seriously, "hug enclosed" - how gorgeous is that sentiment and so totally my son too.


So here's a bird's eye view of the two cards with matching envelopes. I really hope he likes them, however, I know he will love getting his own pet :)



I'm going to pop these guys over to a couple of challenges at Moxie Fab at the moment: speech bubble challenge and chevron challenge :)

Supplies: Stamps - Simon Says Stamp envelope sentiments, square sayings (hello sentiment), furry cat & box (box), Paper Smooches party posse (hamster), Lil' Inker Designs balloon builder (balloon), Clearly Besotted Stamps spring blooms (happy birthday sentiment); Inks - Versafine smokey gray, Hero Arts soft leaf, Memento tuxedo black; Card - Neenah solar white; Paper - Teresa Collins tell your story; Dies - Simon Says Stamp small envelope, talk bubbles 2 s144, Lil' Inker Designs balloons


Labels: , , ,

30 Comments:

At 9 March 2013 at 18:26 , Blogger Laurie said...

Debby these are ADORABLE! I have been eyeing that envelope set and I think you may have pushed me over the edge! :)

 
At 9 March 2013 at 18:37 , Blogger Francie said...

I always love your cards A LOT, but this combo is beyond cute! It's just perfect. I ordered the envelope set last night and am anxiously awaiting it.

 
At 9 March 2013 at 18:50 , Blogger Mandy said...

these are so sweet Debby and you are going to be so popular with your son, what a fab birthday pressie !
xx

 
At 9 March 2013 at 19:20 , Blogger Anni said...

Sooo cute! What a fun idea!
Anni

 
At 9 March 2013 at 20:16 , Blogger jintyoo7 said...

Absolutely ADORABLE - he will love these as much as the hamster :)

 
At 9 March 2013 at 20:52 , Blogger Debby said...

You will love the envelope set Francie! I can't wait to play more with all the sentiments in there :)

 
At 9 March 2013 at 21:50 , Blogger Unknown said...

OMG! So adorable!

 
At 9 March 2013 at 22:31 , Blogger Carol said...

So clever - love them all!

 
At 9 March 2013 at 23:19 , Blogger Jenny said...

I love how you popped the hamster in the box, such a cute set :0)
Sounds like he's going to be ver the moon with his new pet.
Jenny x

 
At 9 March 2013 at 23:59 , Blogger Larissa Heskett said...

OMG!! SO FUN!! I LOVE the idea!! THANKS for sharing ad have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

 
At 9 March 2013 at 23:59 , Blogger Loly Borda said...

So adorable! What clever of you to change the cat for a hamster. I love both cards. TFS

 
At 10 March 2013 at 00:06 , Blogger craftyb said...

Oh I think "bad mummy" triumphs on this one!! Totally adorable and I LOVE the story behind it all. Thanks for sharing!!

 
At 10 March 2013 at 05:03 , Blogger Deb said...

Debby, this little set is nothing short of adorable!!! Love it all!!!

 
At 10 March 2013 at 12:54 , Blogger Taheerah said...

Absolutely, 110%, completely adorable Debby!! That hamster! The cute card size! The little envelope! All the new goodies!!

I think I've just ODd and gone to Cute Crafting Heaven!!

 
At 10 March 2013 at 14:29 , Blogger Dayna Sabrina said...

This is an adorable card set. I love all of the variations and your stamping is to die for. Thanks so much for sharing.

 
At 10 March 2013 at 14:59 , Blogger Cindy H. said...

Your cards are so, so adorable! I'm betting that this will be one birthday your son will NEVER forget and that these beautiful cards will be put in his treasure box for sure! I can just imagine how excited he will be to pick out his own pet:) I think he'll say you're the "best mommmy" ever! Thanks for sharing your beautiful cards and this sweet story.

 
At 10 March 2013 at 17:37 , Blogger Michelle Short said...

Oh my goodness they are so sweet Debby! I love how you have added the hamster in to the box!

 
At 11 March 2013 at 01:37 , Blogger Linda Beeson said...

Oh my goodness, adorable!!!

 
At 11 March 2013 at 19:04 , Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely cards!!

 
At 12 March 2013 at 14:09 , Blogger Misty said...

The whole set is perfection.

 
At 12 March 2013 at 14:33 , Blogger Tam said...

I love it. U done a wonderful job. Love seeing the hamster in place of the cat. So clever. TFS

 
At 12 March 2013 at 14:56 , Blogger Wendy G. said...

Fantastic use of your new goodies! I love both cards!

 
At 12 March 2013 at 15:42 , Blogger Becky S. said...

I LOVE*LOVE*LOVE how you did the chevron decoration on the box! Amazing. You stamped that? It is SO COOL. You did a great job and I hope your son likes it. I *know* he'll like the hampster!

 
At 12 March 2013 at 17:35 , Blogger Andrea Garland said...

Extremely cute, love the colors and that hamster oh my.

 
At 12 March 2013 at 19:10 , Blogger aknancy said...

WOW...love this set you created. Above 'cute'....
I just ordered both of the stamp sets...they have endless possibilities..
Thanks so much for sharing.
Love your work....

 
At 13 March 2013 at 00:04 , Blogger Susie W. said...

Oh. my. goodness. These are more than adorable Debby!
I always love your work...thanks for sharing!

 
At 13 March 2013 at 04:54 , Blogger Katie said...

That is SUPER-CUTE.

 
At 25 March 2013 at 00:36 , Blogger Mary-Anne V said...

Wow so sweet.love how you were able to mask the image to stamp the hamster.

 
At 2 April 2013 at 01:56 , Blogger Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Debby! Thanks for linking this up to the Speech Bubble Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

 
At 3 April 2013 at 00:33 , Blogger Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Debby! Thanks also for linking this up to the Chevron Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun there as well! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home